Thursday, January 13, 2011

Over Thinking

I've engaged in a generous amount of over thinking in my life.  Many of my favorite people are guilty of the same.  You could say that New York City is an over thinking epicenter.  On a good day it's being smart, on a bad day it's neurotic and/or self defeating.  Any way you slice it, a lot of energy is expended and it's not always productive.

When it comes to kids, most parents I know will tell you that from the moment a child is conceived (sometimes well before) a lot of over thinking happens.  When the kid arrives, it starts to set in that this over thinking business is only just getting started.

That said, one of my favorite aspects of parenthood right now is that it couldn't be more obvious that M is incapable of over thinking anything.  I think it's rubbing off on me.  Her state is ridiculously contagious and I love it.

No comments:

Post a Comment