Tuesday, April 19, 2011

What Matters

solitude, nice but overrated

It's day four of our trip and R went off to work today.  M took it in stride - bringing his nice shoes to him and later giving a hug and kiss in the lobby.  After he left, we spent some time at the beach until she started walking toward the hotel saying, "bye waller, bye bye waller"...  Back at the room, I realized she was bored actually.  I tried rough housing like R does until she bit me on the neck.  To mix it up, we ambushed the breakfast buffet (mid morning snack) and then back to the room for some fun with water and pots.  For lunch, she ate soup and covered her body in yogurt.  All before noon.  To be honest, especially with R gone, it seems that M isn't having as fabulous a time as I had hoped.  I'm sure I could be more entertaining, but the truth is, new places are exciting to her for a short period of time.  It's interactions with people that have the most impact.  When she starts to plainly vocalize her vote, I'm betting that hands down her preference will be for vacation with family/friends (the more the better) over any "just the 3 of us" fancy pants trip.  Good to know.

operation get good with water
can you come "home" with me?

1 comment: