Friday, August 12, 2011

Update

Lots of pictures today.  For some reason not all are loading so there will be another random batch shortly...  

Happy potty-ing has turned into a full fledged anti-diaper movement (and beyond).  Last night before bed she stated, "no diaper, underwear".  I obliged, in the name of honoring her little self.  To my great surprise (haha), wet baby came crying around 1am.  At that point she accepted a diaper and peace was restored.  While I've got a whole quick change system for her bed (make it twice with waterproof pads beneath each layer) it's kind of ridiculous to deal with this given she is only 23 months old and very possibly physiologically unable to "hold it" all night.  In anticipation of diaper hate part II, I was brainstorming about some kind of special "nighttime underwear" I could buy or make which would appear to be underwear but would offer similar protection as a diaper (the accompanying sales pitch would make this a home run).  I wasn't going to give up so easily though.  So tonight I blabbed on and on about how great she's doing with her no diapers during the day and eventually we'd do no diapers at night too, but this would come later, etc. etc. Imagine my delight when she easily accepted a diaper....  only to have it demanded off within 10 minutes.  Again, in the name of honoring her little self I accepted this and went for the underwear...  turns out, kid doesn't want that either.  Yes, we've got an extremist on our hands.  Seasonally speaking, this couldn't have come at a better time.  But from an adult perceptive it's one of those moments when I feel like I am taking care of a drunk person 24/7 - totally irrational and unpredictable but so goofy and fun to be around (luckily without the depressing bits).

Stay tuned for pictures of the new hair (hers).  I don't know this guy personally but his post about his kid's haircut is hilarious.  Let's just say, hair bows will be optional going forward (it's great, don't worry).



Cape May Zoo

possibly one of the last self portraits... something "happened" to the camera lens, not sure if we can afford to support our little Cindy's habit going forward


best swing ever

froggies

this reminds me of a picture of my grandfather that had been inscribed with the caption, "mesmerizer"



weird weather induced fog on lens effect


origami bird soup

first night with new pair of shoes

No comments:

Post a Comment