Wednesday, December 21, 2011

'Tis the Season

As the end of the year looms large (shockingly only 11 days to go according to the lights in Time Square this morning), it's natural for some introspection and a mixture of the opposing urges to motivate and hibernate to take hold.  It's just regular old time, but these ends and beginnings become so full - (I was going to add "of meaning" but it's that and more).  A welcome attraction/distraction has been M's rapt obsession with Christmas.  It's pretty awesome to follow her lead in the holiday cheer department.  As I think I've covered here in the past, a strong vein of skepticism ran through me as a child so I sort of feel like I've got Santa-mania for the first time.  I like it.  And the reindeers!!!  and Frosty!!! We are still ironing out some details, for example - "Happy Birthday, Santa!" - gets thrown around, especially when there is a party to attend.  In fairness, I can see how baby Jesus would come across as a minor player as he's not depicted in blow-up form on every street corner, a work in progress...

A current favorite book is, "Llama, Llama, Holiday Drama".  And some recent randomness...




No comments:

Post a Comment